Back from Italy and I've got a great deal on my mind and on my plate this week. Some to share with you:
- Went to the denist this morning and there was a new hygienist. She did some deep scraping/cleaning that made me feel like I've been punched in the face. Time to go back to the electric toothbrush.
- I came home to a sick pup. Miss Mox has a cough/respiratory infection of some sort and a touch of Giardia (due to her street snack habit). She's on meds and is hopefully on the mend, but no daycare or dog run for her for a few days, and she's out of sorts.
- Although I've never met him, I've heard a great deal about Murray Stenson, a bartender in Seattle who is considered by many to be one of the best in the business. He has been diagnosed with a heart aliment that needs treatment and is preventing him from returning to work. You can make a donation to his medical expenses at MurrayAid.org. This makes me worry about all my bartender friends with no health insurance!!
- And if you're feeling super-generous, Badass Animal Rescue, which brought Moxie into my life, is seeking contributions for general unexpected expenses related to their rescues, mostly vet bills. Having just been hit with a big bill myself, I can certainly see the need. You can donate here.
- It's National Pro Bono Week. Go do some pro bono.
- I need an intern.
That is all for now.