Thankfully, it's not another fry-day, merely Friday. Many thanks to Hal, Ethan, Karen and Rachel for helping me out with the fry-days earlier in the week! I'm already ready for a cocktail. How about this one? I had it earlier this week at Kin Shop, which I highly recommend:
3 oz. of Gin
½ oz. spicy pickle brine (based off distilled vinegar, lemongrass, ginger, Thai chilis, sugar, salt)
Thinly sliced kirby pickles
Shake the liquid together with ice and pour in a chilled martini glass. Garnish with the sliced pickles.
And, in case you're wondering, I've been writing up a storm lately. Here are my latest Serious Eats New York posts, but there's more to come . . .
- Meet & Eat: Marissa Guggiana, Author, 'Primal Cuts'
- Meet & Eat: Julie Reiner, Lani Kai
- Meet & Eat: Robert LaValva, New Amsterdam Market
- Meet & Eat: Paul Greenberg, Author, 'Four Fish'
- Meet & Eat: Ben Westhoff, Author, 'New York City's Best Dive Bars'