If you're not giddy with anticipation about the Manhattan Cocktail Classic, you should be. Although many events are sold out, here are my picks for those with tickets still available.
- the Gala - not to be missed. Period. Party at the New York Public Library.
- Stories from Behind the Bar: Huckleberry Bar - yes, you have to travel to Brooklyn, but I promise it's worth it. The team behind Huckleberry has a great place, excellent food and drink, and a garden to boot!
- History: What is it Good For? - David Wondrich. Need I say more?
- Spirits in a Blind, or How Spirits Professionals Describe Spirits with Something other than "I like it." - perfect for all of us cocktail writers out there.
- Lustau! Not Your Grandmothers Sherry! - Do not fear the Sherry. At Terroir, so even better.
Check the ticket page for more events, and I'll see you at MCC!